Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Putty run onboard from this weekend

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Crash Dummy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. #1 Crash Dummy, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    My first time recording a decent run. I've strapped my $20 ebay spec cam upside down to the windscreen of my Aprilia and hoped for the best. This is what I got.

I recorded myself riding the 16km of twistys on the Putty Road sticking to the speed limit but trying to keep my speed up in the corners. Gotta stay legal now :]

Darn youtube. The video wasn't this pixilated on my computer.

Anyhoo sit back relax and "try" enjoy the sights and sounds of a 2 stroke Aprilia RS125 doing what it does best. Carving corners.

P.S Although I'm taking it easy and riding at the speed limit you'll sure know when I do chop into it. You only have to listen to the anger of the mozzie pedalling the back wheel.
  2. You need to re-set the time and date stamp on your camera :LOL:

My first riding on the Ten Mile was on a two stroke, too, dancing on the gear pedal :).
  3. Hornet. I can't reset it due to the nature of the cam setup. This particular camera is normally powered by a inbuilt 2xx something MAH LiPo battery which hasn't enough capacity to even make the full 10 mile run. I've setup a 3x AAA battery pack spliced into the cameras guts to power it instead. The trade off is that each time I unplug the camera the date gets reset.

Normally I would use virtualdub to just blur out the date but this time around I was feeling particularly lazy :)
  4. no problems, I just have a perverse mind when it comes to that sort of detail

I lived in Denman for 7 years and bought my first bike there, so I literally learned to ride in the Ten Mile. At first the bike was a stock 250; by the time I'd finished it was a screaming, lightened hot 350. No car ever got past me and made it stick on that piece of road, and I still ride it as often as possible.
  5. that was cool (y)

i want a 2 stroke now, love that engine