Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Putty Footage

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ausyr1, Sep 6, 2009.

1. #1 ausyr1, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. heh heh, I learned to ride on that road over 30 years ago, and every inch of that film is familiar :LOL:.
  3. Hell of a road to learn on ;)
  4. oh, the stories I could tell

I lived at Denman, and my first bike was a Yamaha RD-250 two-stroke, which I quickly opened out to a 350. Many's the time a Falcon GT or the like passed me before the Ten Mile and was five minutes behind me by the time we reached the end :LOL:.

The surface is perfect these days and with no semis all day and night, it's a joy to ride.... The only down side is planning my fuel stops now the Garland Valley roadhouse is no more...
  5. very, very, nice.

Personally, less music more bike noise. Also are the purple lines normal?
  6. Thanks - bike noise was mostly wind noise so I dropped it but think I have fixed that problem, purple lines were from hard bumps in the road so not normal but a result of the hd camera getting the jolt.
  7. Been driving the Putty since 1970, riding it since 1974. It's hellishly better now now that the overnighters aren't using it any more.

Nothing beats the thrill of the 10 mile!

Oh, and +eleventy billion on the music comment. I do not know why people think that having "music" playing over the top of the natural noises improves the experience. It doesn't. Just let's hear the engine, thanks.