Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Putting VTR250 Mirror back on

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by dekkar, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Hi All...... Lent my bike to a friend to get her Ps last week, and all went well....

Until she decided to give it a hose down on the grass....... anyways.... the bike fell over (first fall!) and one of the mirrors came loose. At least it was on the grass.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what exactly happened, but I got the bike back and she wasn't able to screw the mirror all the way back in again. So its sitting in its correct position, but a with a few inches of thread exposed.

In disappointment, I just put the bike in the garage and didn't really have a look at if it was fixable or a replacement.

I'm presuming that the thread part is bent or something, and needs to be replaced. Just wondering if there are any tricks to getting the mirror back on. I don't want to try and force it and then break something else!

2. It would not have unwound itself when it fell over. She must have removed the mirror and then tried to put it back on.

Pretty easy to tell if it's cross threaded, just unwind it and have a look at the thread.