Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Putting rego plate on XR250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lstehbens, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Hi just went and got my bike registered, I live in the Northern Territory, but I don't have any bolts/screws etc to put it on.

Also the holes in the plate are too wide so I'm going to put a couple of new holes in the numberplate so I can get it to fit.

But my question is what do I buy to fix the number plate to the bike - bolts, screws, washers. I'm not much of a mechanic.

2. hey there... for the bike I'd be guess you'd need some small but snug fitting bolts and washers and the nuts tighen it all up..

pretty simple..? :?
  3. I'm going to go down the hardware store soon... any idea what size/s would be needed, or should I just ask a hardware store person?

4. if you've got any spare screws or bolts around try it to the hole and get size up or down or measure the width of the hole.. usually you measure them with the length x the diameter of the length
    8 long by 6
    <--------- (bolt)