Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Push Starts

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ibanez, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Just a quick question. Does frequently push starting your bike harm it?

2. a new battery is cheaper, and easier on the heart, however :LOL:

3. the battery is fine, i just leave for work real early in the mornings and push start my bike going down the hill in front of my house so i dont wake my family. The bike is parked just ouside on eof the bedrooms.

4. Very considerate of you (I WAS taking the micheal :wink:) to think of your neighbours. Push starting won't damage the bike. I guess you've found already that second gear is the best bet; first is too low to be dropping the clutch in.....

5. I've always push started in first with no issues... I quite like push starting bikes actually, it's good fun.

6. That's a "roll" start, not a pushie...

Thanks for telling us all where we can pick up a cheap bike. ;-)

BTW that is a "roll" start, not a push start.

A push start is much more effort and needs a bounce on the seat as you drop the clutch, to stop the tyre from skidding.

All the best :)

TG

7. Re: That's a "roll" start, not a pushie...

no way, a push start is when you push the starter button to start the bike. as opposed to a kick start.
    i would call it a "why didnt i park this on a hill" start ;) :p

8. Re: That's a "roll" start, not a pushie...

You are so right, and I stand corrected.

Trevor G

PS Are you sure it's not a "Why didn't I buy a new battery before winter?" start?

PPS Can you have a question inside a question?

9. Re: That's a "roll" start, not a pushie...

Good Luck getting past my dog!! ha ha. Push start/Roll start ok ok so i meant Roll start. Thanks for the replies.