Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Purchasing Off Shore

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by norafugengixer, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Hi all just wondering if anyone has purchased anything from Motomummy.com

Seems like a fair dinkum website. They use paypal.

Any first hand experiences please share.

2. They're legit. Myself, my mates and many others here have bought off them. They have a big following and are very popular especially in the States. They've been good in my experience when I bought brake pads off them but my mate who bought a whole bunch of things accidentally got sent the universal tech spec grips instead of his model specific grip. No biggy but organising a return/exchange was a bit of hassle posting back overseas etc. Postage is typical of buying from the US and usually take about 2-3 weeks.

They're having their black Friday/cyber Monday sale on now and have some good deals. If you check the gixxer.com forum they post in there and are pretty active. You can check the feedback they get there. The main guy's name is Corey. He's even posted here in a thread by Robsalvv I think. I'm sure other people will have something to input too :)
  3. Cheers mate.

They just responded to my email and turns out they don't ship the items I'm chasing out of the states anyway.
    As the saying goes. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
  4. Some products the US distis have restricted and their reseller agreement prohibits them from shipping outside US... Or the product can't go by air....

Have purchased several things of Corey... Have something on the way now in fact...

I remember how he got the handle years ago - he wanted to know what the mummy on many race bikes was - the Michelin man!!! That was on the r1 forum - he has never lived it down.... But turned it into a great business!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I've ordered stuff from their site and it arrived without hassle. I had an issue with the supplied item which was a manufacturer problem. Correspondence from them was swift and they attempted to resolve the issue.
    I would use them again.
  6. All the feedback from MM is excellent, i also use sportbiketrackgear and get my tyres from jakewilson (ordered 2 sets on a wednesday, arrived the following wednesday). Excellent service from all three.