Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Purchasing a Track Bike

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Justin Stacks, Jan 27, 2014.

  1. I'm thinking of purchasing a track bike. There is no rego and can't be as it is a stat write-off.

    What's the process when purchasing a track bike? Do you just exchange money for bike and keys?

    Is there any proof I need or that I can ask for to prove that it is not stolen, or how do I prove I'm the official owner?

    A registered bike is easy, but this is another kettle of fish.

    Any advise would be appreciated.

  2. If you can get the VIN, you can do a REVS (or whatever NSW has) check if it's stolen, has money owing on it, etc, which would be a very good thing to do.
  3. Yep, did the REVS check.

    Really was just wondering about transferring ownership and any paper work.

    Not much to it though. Get a receipt and you're good.
  4. as long as you did REVS check, prepare a two copies motorcycle trade contract and have it notarized by your nearest Post Office or Police Station as a witness is the best bet you can do, as you are so concern about the rightful of ownership.