Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

punctured rear tyre, what next ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Removed_User_5, Oct 1, 2006.

1. I was looking at my bike this morning at work as I do, and realised the back tyre lookes soft.
    On inspection there IS A BIG F**KING SCREW IN IT. I am so F**king Pissed off.
    Nearly new tyre and a Pirelli Diablo at that.
    So its never happened before so can it be fixed or is it new tyre time.
    :evil:
    I dont want to have it repared if the risk of a blow out whilst riding is a possibility.

any ideas....?

2.  Top
  3. Damm

Damm that sucks dude. yeah i would take it to a tyre fitter they will pull the screw out and repair it for ya. I get them in the cvar all the time. Wont cost you much and u be sweet in no time.

4. As has been suggested, pump it up to normal pressure and get it to a tyre repair place as soon as possible. Don't ride around on it any more than you need to (incase it wasn't obvious). If it's a near new tyre there shouldn't be any problem at all in getting it plugged. Shouldn't cost you more than ~$40 to get plugged.

I've had three rear tyre's that have been plugged (actually thats ALL of my rear tyres!), and after riding around on it for a week or so they sealed perfectly and i never had to think about it again.

5. Plugging will depend where he hole is , some folk will repair em with a mushroom style plug from the inside inside , these apparently are less likely to fail. If you get it plugged dont be tempted to do a track day or high speed touring till you get a new tyre I would say.

6. Yeah plug from the inside should be ok :grin: But it depends on where it was screwed :cool: