Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Puncture repairs in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Cheeba, May 15, 2009.

1. Tried to roll the bike backwards to get out of my garden this morning and found a fcuking puncture in my bike tyre grrr! So I had to drive in and it will take at least double the time to now get home tonight.

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get the repair fixed? This is my first puncture so not really sure how to proceed... find the tyre first or just take it somewhere? It currently has a Michelin Pilot Road 160/60/ZR17 on it.

Thanks for any help!

edit - oh and I didn't have a proper look yet but a quick scan shows no obvious protrusions or holes.
  2. most bike places should do it. pick somewhere close to you, especially if you have to put it on a truck to get there. I'm in the east so I don't know who is around footscray.
  3. puncture repair?

Bob Jane city 'sell bike tyres' think they'd do punctures too, what that kwaka place in yarraville, cnr Geelong road and Francis st??
    Bike Plus on Keilor rod essendon I know do them..
    best i can offer sorry..
  4. you might want to get a puncture repair kit to save the cost of a tow truck
    they are temporary though

oops forgot if you have RACV roadside service you can get them to take your bike on a truck
  5. Thanks all - managed to get a mate to help me on Saturday morning (both with hangovers from hell!). Only place that could do Saturday and had the tyre I needed was Peter Stevens in the City - no cpmplaints - now just need to get out and scrub it in :D