Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Puncture Repair Kits - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Nucleotide, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I'm looking for a puncture repair kit. Is anyone able to recommend a good quality one, preferably that I can purchase online? It's for tubeless tyres.

Thanks a lot. :)

2. ebay seller around the keilor / tullamarine area sell often these repair kits. depending on the amount of the cylinders you buy could cost between 30 - 55 bucks I bleieve
  3. carry a length of rope, some good glue and a utility knife.

when you get a puncture, produce something that looks like this with the rope and glue:
    then trim with the utility knife and away you go
    or maybe a good pair of scissors. I have a pair of trojan scissors, orange things, highly recommended.
    oh and reinflate the tyre some how. i recommend taking the compressor out of a portable motorcycle tyre inflator unit and installing it in a permanent location somewhere on the bike.
  4. I brought this one, though I haven't actually had to use it yet so it may or may not be a dud.
  5. the type shown by parker work. They are meant to be temporary bnut I ended up riding around with one in an old tyre for months until I finally got around to replacing the tyre.

I bought a cargol because it was compact and never used it myself bt a friend did. It basically got him home but was leaking all the way. However I have heard some say if you use them with glue they seal.

Personally I would go for the ropey type parker showed. As well as ebay, you can get them at most bike shops. Supercheap have them too but they tend to be car sized and won't fit on some bikes without luggage.