Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Punch bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Gobberwart, Sep 17, 2012.

1. I'm on holiday with the family at the moment so spending a fair bit of time with the wife, kid and sister in law. They've invented a new game called "punch bike" which is sort of like the old game punch buggy, except it goes like this...

Every time I see a motorbike and make a comment about it, everyone says "punch bike" and my son punches me in the arm.

He's a big lad at thirteen and I'm a bit obsessed so it's getting bloody sore after three days.

Anyone else have families who like to give them shit like that, or am I just lucky?

2. Most young blokes at that age like to beat up on their old man.Don't take him to any bike shows:grin:
  3. Whole family gives me shit for being obsessed over bikes to don't worry, but because I do weights and I'm not your normal 17 year old they don't hit me :p
  4. I'm lucky my whole family is obsessed by bikes so the person who DOES NOT make comment gets ridiculed.

We do have a game we play though. Basically the idea is, when you hear a bike, is to try and pick the number of cylinders, approximate capacity, make and model model.
  5. i am sure you can bust out the "DON"T MAKE ME TURN THIS CAR AROUND NOW!!!" line
  6. You could always escalate to a bonus round of 'stab bike'
  7. My daughter & I got our bike licences together, and when had a similar game. Ours was pointing out a motorbike when we saw one (and lost a point if it turned out to be a scooter). Everytime we stop the car, the scores reset.

I think you stole our game !!
  8. If anyone's seen the Simpsons episode where Homer is talking to someone and then notices a poodle walk past the window; he stops mid sentance "That dog has a puffy tail" then immediately begins following the dog around.

My wife says I get distracted by bikes way too easily. Often I'll watch one go past, look back and find the eyebrows raised and "puffy tail, was it?"

Also used when I hear the sound of a nice v twin with loud pipes.....
    • Like Like x 1