Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

pump and pressure gauge

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by simon varley, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I had a moment of madness and rolled over my favorite tyre pressure gauge the other day. Any recommendations for a replacement?

coincidentally the foot pump has just packed up today too - any thoughts on one of those?

ta

2. Foot pump???

Have you got flat feet?....:rofl:

3. The first worst joke of the year :rofl:.

I usually use the air hose at the servo round the corner, but whenever this subject comes up the usual advice is to avoid K-Mart :LOL:.

4.  Top
  5. PUMP: I've got one of these and it does the job. The gauge on mine gives the same reading my tyre pressure gauge and the electric ones at my two nearby servos. If you get one like this it'll be more difficult to pump up car tyres. The little chamber makes a difference.

PRESSURE GAUGE: I've got one similar (almost the same) as this. It wasn't so good for the bike because it is an end-on one (was an awkward fit to take a reading). One with an angled head attachment would have been better.

6. thanks GoTeam. I bought one of the SCA pumps today and it seemed pretty good.....
    ....until it broke on the second tyre of Yvonne's pushie. Now, it was the last one on the shelf and the box was open so it's possible it was already broken. Are you happy with how your pump is lasting?

7. oooh err missus. I just reread what I typed and the last sentence sounds a bit dodgy doesn't it?

bugger. I just tried to add some more words above but everything I type seems to be a double entendre. I'll just stop now while I'm ahead