Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Puma 1000 boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by johnnydelva, May 28, 2007.

1. Hi there,

Just wanted to know if anyone has a pair of the Puma 1000 boots (or tried them) and their thoughts on them? thanks in advance.
  2. no but I have pair of the Brutale, very comfy & good protection
    not wrapt in the zip/velcro fastening, they can come undone if you catch them on the brake/gear shift
  3. Not what you wanted, but wore the BMW sneaker 2's for a week - very comfortable for riding, walking and wouldn't hesitate recommending them - around $120
  4. Hi Johnny!

I tried a pair on at BikeBiz in Parramatta (Sydney) and wasn't really that impressed... I think it's a good track boot, but after all the hype from magazine ads, it fell a little short of expectation... that said, I do think the brace system would keep one's ankle protected quite well, but the rest of the boot doesn't really impress... the toe slider is too small, as is the shift pad, the "inner brace" is basically just a neoprene sock of sorts, that's protected at the back by a bridge of rubberised type plastic, also the sides seem too open for my liking in the event of side penetration... to be honest, I don't think it's worth the $600 asking price... for that you can get a set of (solid) Sidi Vertigo Corsa's -- that are CE approved! The Puma's are not!

Also one more thing, the Puma's are not designed for people who have a big calf! Mine are 18 inches and are nigh impossible to get into the neoprene sock... and once in, extremely difficult to get out of! I though I may have had to purchase the buggers because I couldn't get them off! :eek: :LOL:
  5. They look pretty cool, Puma are a reputable brand.

Has anyone seen these? http://www.shogai.com.au/flat2.html

I am looking at getting a more shoe like boot and these seem pretty cool.