Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pulling apart a stebel compact air horn

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Blue Boule, Apr 7, 2008.

1. While I was looking at my new and not yet installed stebel air horn last night to work out what I needed to make it work, I realised the compressor component looks like it can be detached from the horn component. I almost had them separated but couldn't work out how they latched together at the top and I didn't want to break them ;)

They're now installed on the C50 and working fine :twisted: with the horn mounted on the left hand side near the radiator. I'm not entirely happy with them there though and thought it would be possible to mount the compressor in an area hidden away and possibly squeeze the horn somewhere not so obvious.

Has anyone ever tried and been successful in separating the horn without breaking it?

2. Nevermind. Two beers, another look and figured I could buy another and worked at it. Now have a mini compressor and an air horn :) Will post details when done :)