Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

P's Test!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by gumnut, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I'm only a newbie too.
    I have been reading through the site and have noticed that it seems that the P's test could be a bit trickier on certain bikes, I have a ZR250 Balius. Would this be considered a tricky bike to pass on?

2. Hi Jen and welcome ,don't be shy come along to coffee nights .

As for the bike ,you just need to get some chalk and a tape measure and see if i can do the u-turn in the square.
    From what im told you get alots of turns at the track before ,the test.
    Good luck with it.
  3. When I did mine the other week, there were several guys with CBR250RR's. They managed to pass the course on those bikes. There was one guy on a XV250 who failed.

Just remember you just dont turn up and do they exam. We did around 90 minutes of practice prior to doing the exam, so your not going in cold. I would suggest some practice in the week leading up to doing MOST.

I found the guy out at Penrith to be really good and helpfull, he was not an Ogre.

4. The P's test is not all that hard-if you make sure you get a lot of practice. having said that I did mine on a 250 cruiser, which was perfect for slow maneuvering. I've never ridden a Balius but I'm sure you'll be fine if you keep at it.
    Welcome by the way!
  5. Welcome Jen. Come along and meet the gang at the Homebush Bay Brewery, Dante will let you practice on his big Suzie 1000!!!!
  6. erm sorry, jen cant let you practice on my gsxr, insurance doesnt cover anybody else but me as nominated rider.

i can however let you have a go of my yamaha R7 (people at the learner ride may know what im talking about hehe)