Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

P's test tomor

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by likuid, Jul 16, 2007.

1. booked in. for a 2 day course. first time ever riding a bike with gears, going through q-ride.. pretty excited. any tips?

2. Yay another townsville kid!

Who are you going with? Rising sun Honda, or Stay Upright?

Qride is fairly easy, honestly i think NSW's L's test is just as hard.

If you are going through rising sun, their 2 day course is for the complete novice, jamie and rob will look after you, and their cb250's are easy to ride. I need to head down to honda tomorrow to pick myself up a new clutch handle. I might see you putting around.

You will be tested on a few things, slalom, slow riding and figure 8. Slalom is fairly easy, slow riding can be tricky to get used to, and the figure 8 is broad enough for a goldwing to get around.

Best advice, take it easy and relax, you dont look cool on a motorbike when you are too tense.

3. yeah rising sun honda. should be good. may see you there eh. many other younger riders around townsville?

4. I know a few people that ride, some of them are twats tho. I'm only just starting to ride again after having an off a while ago, and i found a guy named luke on the cbr250.com forums (he got his license about 3 weeks ago), and he seems keen to get a few riders together. I'll PM you my msn/email to keep in touch, because its always nice to have a few other riders around when you first start.

5. woot. got my P's now gotta find a bike and some riding gear

6. Congrats!

I also went for mine today (nsw though) and passed. Was alright. I actually done better then i thought i would. Just missed a head check. Went on the cbr250rr and all. finally stress less now. Pay the rta more fees as well.