Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Provisional License Questions

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Racy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Going for my P's soon and I was wondering about a few things:-

1. When doing the actual ride part of the test, do they penalise you for going going under the speed limit sometimes? I.e I slow down for corners I'm not sure of, where as my partner can do the speed limit easily (he has 11 years riding experience tho)

2. How wide is the u-turn area? I've been practicing in a 6m area

3. Biggest question is what's the hardest part of the test?

Would love to get feedback
  2. 1. its just a ride out to see how competant of a rider you are.

2. its fairly wide, just before the day go out ride for about half hour.. practice doing U turn in your street etc. *Counter Lean balancing* just like on a bicycle*

3. hardest part is when you stress and stiff up. that'll cause error. Dont worry too much =] its easy
  3. No, the road part isn't a real test, it's more to give you tips on road craft. When I was doing my Ps the instructor said there was only 2 ways to fail the road ride, by ending up in jail or the back of an ambulance.

6.1m so if you can do it in 6m you're fine.

Totally agree with siwanut, exam stress. When I did mine everyone could do the test fine during the training in the morning in the wet. Come exam time it had dried up but stress still got the better of some people. One rider locked up the brakes in the emergency braking and went too far, he was the only person to fail. Others lost points here and there for a foot down, clipping a cone or a missed headcheck.

You can check out the full test at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/most.pdf so you can practice it all beforehand.
  4. If your free come with us to the wednesday learner sessions https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58991 We practice the MOST test with some experienced riders (OzYoda, ksystemz etc) and then go for a small ride around sydney. It'll be good because the experienced guys give you immediate feedback if you do something wrong or if you can improve anything