Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Proud Dad

Discussion in 'Non-Bikes' at netrider.net.au started by Rus Ler, Feb 16, 2016.

1. After a drawn out process No 2 son enlisted in the Army today, hope he enjoys his new life, I'm gonna miss him
    20160216_094643.
    80 days of basic training in Wagga Wagga, he's been looking forward to this for years

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Handsome young man.......I'm guessing from this photo Rus LerRus Ler your Mrs must be a looker. :p

Congrats to him though if it's something he is into.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Well done

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the complement (y) He's been keen on enlisting since early secondary school but wasn't ready to leave home, 3 years of working on a large dairy farm (not mine) cured him of such sillyiness and an extended overseas holiday opened his eyes to the wider world, he's always been outdoorsy and keen on such things, he and I traveled together alot over the last 9 years doing competitive shooting so I'm going to miss his company on long drives

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sounds like a well grounded young man :) You must be very proud and rightly so :) good on him

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. good on him
    I wont comment further

• Like Like x 1
  7. What branch of army Rus LerRus Ler ? Infantry, engineers, armour, or even artillery (I don't care what you play, just play it LOUD)!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Very happy for you both Rus LerRus Ler. Achieving one's dream always feels amazing. And you rightfully feel very proud of him, great job done, dad!..... But he is your good mate as well, so seeing him leave might be a bit sad, I bet you miss him already..... Thank heavens you've got your bike (y)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Infantry at the moment, doing a gap year program so only for 12 months then the option of bailing out or signing on for a further 3 years, limited options for this program but if he continues he can choose another field, he has a mate at Kapooka already (been there a month) and another enlisting in a fortnight so a couple of familiar faces

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yes he was a good mate as well, also a great help around the farm, without him I wouldn't have had my Epic Alpine Adventure, so yes I'm a bit sad but excited for him realizing his dream, 2 down - 1 to go, daughter is pumped now to be "an only child"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I know I said I wouldn't comment further

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Well done Rus. Hope it goes well for him. I can lend you a spare son if you miss him so much. I'll even throw in a dog for free.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. As long as he can milk cows and torment a younger sister he's most welcome, as for the dog I already have 3 oxgen thieves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Congratulations Rus LerRus Ler ! You look so proud. :happy:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Congrats...

All the best

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wow Rus LerRus Ler good looking boys in that photo ;)
    So wonderful to watch your children grow, fledge and leave the nest. Enjoy your 'little' girl for now before she is out of the nest as well.
    You and Mrs Rus Ler have both done a great job parenting and whilst sad, should be pleased as a pigs in mud to see no 2 take on his earlier childhood wish to join the Army.
    I think it is especially lovely though that you both got to make some great memories together that'll keep you going until he comes back home again to have some adventures with you again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Good on him, I'm sure he will love it. Shame he chose the wrong service though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Good on your son Rus LerRus Ler , I think all young people should take up this opportunity for the 12 month gap program. Kapooka is barrels of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hello sailor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

20. Haha :D

I've seen some pretty good places, got an education / trade qualifications and been paid pretty well too. So I might be a bit biased :)

I'm sure you're young fella will do great. He sounds switched on which will help. I'm sure it's the same in the army but I learnt pretty quick when to keep my mouth shut haha