Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Protest opportunity?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Hypothetically...
    Your in Melb, and have a *perfect* opportunity to protest directly against the current govt (at the very top of the pyramid!) over bike issues (levy, etc.) and could give a LOT of other riders the opportunity also, at short notice.
    Do you do it?
    Would you want jump on the bike one evening and join in, with only a few days notice?

2. I would, but with just a few days notice I think the numbers would be very low, thus loosing the impact of the protest.

3. Hypothetically ...
    The protest would be *high* profile, and much more notice would ensure that the opportunity would get removed.

4. Depends on the issue and the nature of the 'protest',and whether or not I had something better to do. Protests might make the protesters feel better, but there is not a lot of evidence that they are effective except in a handful of extreme cases.

5. I would, provided it was out of work hours. Thats the only proviso. I have a strong allegiance to my empoyers.

6. i would definately if the purpose was useful... from mouth, i would assume this would be.

so most certainly (provided it's not thursday or sunday nights... ) lol.

7. Yes, if you work hours are the 9-5 grind.

8. As long as it's not the same place and time as others are sugesting for their rides ;)

9. They are , and so I'd be there, rain or moonshine....

10. this sounds a bit covert. i'll come if i can wear black camo paint.

11. As Moike said above, the usefulness would be subjective.
    But, the oportunity and it's presence is a great one.
    I guess I'm wondering if people would want to be notified, or just let it slide

12. I would do everything possible to make it.

13. Count me in but would need more than 5 mins notice to arrange child care!

14. I'm in.

15. bad news for ya dude, its a hunger protest :LOL:

16. In that case I'm already protesting.

17. Hypothetically...

Stealth mission in the planing. Must be a goodie

18. I'll be in Melbourne next week......

19. Hell YES!
    Well I would if that Damien a$$hole wasn’t organising it or trying to hijack it :mad:

There is a time and place, Mouth . . . but you know that :deal:

Let me know when and where :idea:

20. :WStupid: