Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Proposed new motorcycle track in SA ??

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by sleepa, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Hi All
    Anybody out there heard anything about a new track to be built out near Tailem bend?

2. Tailem bend,

there is rumours of an ANDRA approved drag strip aswell.

multi purpose race park.

not sure of full details try on
    www.nissansilvia.com

they have alot fo car orientated and race orientated info!

3. Mitsubishi have their testing facility (such as it is) just outside Tailem Bend - It once was a drag strip, so I understand, but it could be resurrected. I haven't heard any rumour, but it would be cool to have another track thats not too far to travel to. Mac Park is great but it's a fair old round trip, and Mallalaland is boring once you've ridden on other tracks that are not flat ex - airfields. :wink:

I will put the feelers out and see what I can find.

4. There is an AMCN somewhere with the details. A group have purchased many hectares 25 k's out of Murray bridge with the intent of a PI style motorsports complex. I'll see if I can find the article.

5. ive raced my rx7 at tailembend test facilities. theres a mile long drag strip, plus skid pans and also dirt tracks etc.

wish we could get more access to it~!

the skid pan for motorkhanas was awesome!

6. As Just Said Motor Cycling South Australia Governing Body Just purchased a Vast amount of Land To Build a World Class MotorCycle Only Track, The track is being Planned Now, Should be a Fairly Long Track, Ill Kepp You posted Will updates..

Cheers :wink:

7. (In best Montgomery C. Burns style) Excellent! :grin:

8. Hey I found it...

"Motorcycling SA has purchased a plot of land named “Granite Ridge†situated between Murray Bridge and Tailem Bend.

The land is approximately 130 hectares (or 325 acres), about twice the total area of the Mallala complex. Why the comparison? This property has been bought with the view of securing the future of road racing in South Australia.

A feasibility study will be conducted in 2007, and formal planning for the construction of a motorcycle dedicated road race circuit is scheduled to run through 2008-2010. 9km from Tailem Bend and 23km from Murray Bridge the property is located within the district council of the Rural City of Murray Bridge."

Can you say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

9. I heard about it today while at Peter Stevens. Hopefully it will have some undulations, unlike the flat airfield Mallala.

We badly need a new track - this couldn't have come sooner.

10. Thanks VTR, thats what l was hoping to hear. Hope l get this right.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo.

11.  Top
  12. :grin: :grin: :grin: I'm just too happy! :grin: :grin:

It sounds too good to be true - cynical I know, but I would love to be shown to be wrong.

13. Yes, everyone is getting a bloody race/drag track except CANBERRA! :soapbox: ](*,) :evil: :tantrum: :-k [-(