Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Proper sizing for one piece leather suits

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Justin Stacks, Oct 10, 2013.

1. So I'm getting a leather suit custom made by ozmotorcycle leathers here in Sydney. I'm just wondering how I should measure it up since I have not been on track yet.\ and don't have all my protection.

I presume I should leave enough room to wear a back protector, but how about in the legs? Do you leave enough room to wear protection shorts, or do you guys normally wear protection shorts or have additional padding in the hips/thighs/legs?

Anything else I should account for?

2. I've never worn ( or seen for that matter!) any protective shorts at a track day. My leathers have some very thin padding over the lateral hip areas and coccyx area. Just leave room for back protector. A lot of guys are wearing chest guards as well, but they're pretty thin so prob no need to worry re. sizing.
    Make sure there's plenty of stretchy stuff behind the knees. Nothing worse than having scrunched up leather pinching back there when you're in the hunched track position.