Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Proof that surveys are rubbish

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Mar 31, 2008.

?
  1. Yes, and I drink

100.0%
  2. Yes, but I don't drink and so it won't affect me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hell No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I already drink metho anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/31/2203673.htm

:shock: :? :? :? :mad:
    I find it hard to believe anyone who drinks would be happy to pay more tax. Why don't they ask people who don't own cars/motorcycles whether petrol tax should be increased :roll:.

2. is there going to be a survey for this topic? :p

3. What a piece of crap. Where'd they get that information from?

4. probably all the sober people

5. Probably senile old age pensioners that are starved for attention and who still think a pot of beer only costs 20 cents.

6. Do you believe that increasing the cost of alcohol will decrease binge drinking by teenagers

Do you believe that we should find ways to decrease binge drinking by teenagers

Would increased taxation increase the cost of alcohol

So obviously people will support the increase of a tax on alcohol
    This is justification that any results published from a survey should have a legal requirement to publish the survey questions as presented.

7. or from all the really pissed people, to drunk to know what they are saying :LOL:

8. There is now :grin: .

9. What's their plan to kerb binge drinking anyway? Keep spanking us with a big nasty do it and you'll die stick?? Seems to be the way they deal with everything else which is equally ineffective.

10. Most surverys are rigged anyway... not by changing answers, but by narrowing down the demographic that are able to answer.

You'll see this especially if you are part of a rewards website (eg emailcash.com.au) and they send you surverys, you answer a few questions (up to 10) to narrow if you fit in their categories, and then say, "Thanks, but no thanks, you might actaully have a valid choice that we dont want to hear about." :roll:

So yes, this one was most likely done on a Sunday, by church goers that didn't look like they were hungover.

OR the questions were asked in such a way that you cant give your actual thoughts... like
    "Q1. Do you think that increasing taxes on alcohol would reduce bing drinking? A1. Yup"
    "Q2. Do you think bing drinking should be reduced? A2. Sure"
    Thus, to them you've effectivly said, I agree the gvmt should tax more on alcohol. :roll:

EDIT: FL, you beat me to it :p goaway :p

11. If tobacco's anything to go by they'll most likely keep upping the sales tax, ban sponsorship of sporting events (bye bye motor racing), put graphic pictures on every bottle, and finally ban alcohol from all pubs and restaurants.
    Then they'll start on caffeine/coffee.....

Hmm, just realised I left out the "only if girlie vodka drinks are exempt" option for Booga :p :LOL:.

12. For sure. Survey rigged.

Does the government not realise that if store-bought alcohol becomes to expensive or prohibited, we'll just make our own?

Dear Gov: Go read some Irish history, ya twats.

13. OI!... i dont drink girlie drinks... unless its that time of the month :p :p

Unless your beer is girlie ;)

14. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :cry:

15. :shock: omg... "THAT" isn't what i meant :oops: ... I... err... ahh... eww...

16. and the truth is out, booga likes the toothless vampires drinking fountain :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

17. increase the cost of alcohol, increase the amount of people taking cheaper illegal substances.
    who wants to spend $300 a night on booze to get tipsy??

18. thats why u already have some idea of the survery topic etc, so bullshit ur demographics. i do.
    i get more emailcash than you :p :LOL:

19. this is worse than Tuesday coffee night :p

20. If he likes it, he certainly AIN'T getting it from me :sick: