Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Project) VFR400 Track Bike wiring loom.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by gix750, Jul 1, 2006.

1. I am not an auto electrician but I have been working on a wiring loom for a VFR400 track bike. The person I am doing this for wants no road gear, only what's needed for the track.
    I have run the wires temperately and have ordered some new original plug couplers. It a lot less wires then the original.
    I just hope it all works and I haven’t forgotten anything.
    The image below is the wiring diagram I drew up from the original.

2. Hey mate, I've got no idea what I'm looking at, but you can save at least 4kg off an nc30 by running a total loss system (no battery, reg/rec, generator, pulleys, wiring etc).

Check out www.400greybike.co.uk/forum for a comprehensive total loss system rundown.

Edit: Hey gix750, not sure if you're aware, but if you simply remove the speedo on these bikes (without appropriate resistors, etc [see above link]), it cuts two cyclinders at 5500rpm...
  3. You are right in that running a total loss setup would save a lot more weight but in the club events he does the rules won't allow it.
    Would be very simple though.

Edit: The speedo has been removed already and the mod already done.
    There is a 180Kmh speed limiter that is by passed with a resister 2.2k ohm bridged across the two of the three wires that go into the speedo.
    Dont cut the green one. The site you mentioned is a good on for VFR400 information.