Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Project - CB250 - Let the good times roll...

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Gregmc, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Greetings Earthlings,

Long time listener, first time caller....

Figured it was time I gave something back to ya'll, as I have taken so much during my time, and give you the down low on a project I've taken on.

My wife's CB 250N 1980.... Oh yeah baby !! We're talking :cool:

I've pulled it down and am now looking into a re-cond engine in Brisvegas (if anyone has suggestions it'd be appreciated. Have only found one place so far).

We're intending on taking it down to the frame, spray, new wiring, etc etc... Cleaning it up along the way and maybe throwing a new bit in every so often (like a couple of POD air filters, new exhaust sys, upholstered seat, rear lights mounting, etc etc)...

Will update as I progress. Hope to entertain and learn along the way so if you have any suggestions or input, please feel free to throw them my way...

See you on the flip side

:woot::

Attached Files:

2. Awesome. I've toyed with the idea of a bike to work with and learn from, the cb250 was the first that sprang to my mind. Seems simple enough, but with just enough performance to have fun in the city.

3. Good luck with it all. Being in the midst of a resto project myself I know how these things can take up more time (and money) than you first expected.

Looking forward to seeing the end result. :)

4. If I recall correctly, a friend of mine was looking to get rid of an old CB250RS - It ran well, but there was a minor oil leak due to a crack in the case (they just don't die!) and couldn't be re-roadworthied. PM me if you'd like me to check if he's keen on getting rid of it, you should be able to salvage more than a few parts from it.

5. reg'd and sub'd as i have a vested interest in seeing this project finished on or after 1/1/12 :cheeky:

plus i love the smilies here :rofl::bolt:

edit:
    p.s. it's gerni time op :biker:

6. Progress, as pic will demonstrate, is that she's down to the frame now =D>

The wife is organising the spray job so thats one thing less on the list. Just got to make sure it actually happens....

Any hope for getting my hands on a working motor have been suitably dashed. However, I have had some (limited) good luck in finding a decent wrecker and finding a workshop manual (thanks ebay) for $10. Complete with greasy thumb print on each corner.

Next step, sourcing parts and begin pulling the motor down.

Stay tuned !!!

Attached Files: