Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

problem with a pair of teknic gloves

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jono454, May 19, 2010.

1. ive own my teknics for over a year now but recently ive started getting a rash on my right hand only when i wear my gloves.

are there any kinds of gloves sanitizing sprays that i could use to prevent this happening? or something else that would prevent it?

2. Just be aware that it might not be your grot in the gloves causing a problem.

While I was in the UK last month, there was a major news item about a big damages award to several hundred people who'd suffered chemical burns and suppurating rashes from fungicides leaching out of imported leather sofas. Bearing in mind that Teknic (and every other manufacturer, come to that) almost certainly have their gear made in the Third World, something in the leather should at least be considered as a possibility if cleaning/sanitising doesn't work.