Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Problem please help

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by mattpax, May 11, 2011.

1. okay i got a pitbike yeah a pitbike i got it for a good price it was working perfect and has been for ages tonight i took it out for a ride and when i gave it flat out in 4 gear it kinda died out it wouldn't keep at the same speed. its was doing some strange things. also i have noticed sometimes when i rev it up it makes a strange sound almost like a raw metal rubbing sound i know there is enough oil and all but i still don't know whats up.

can someone please help me

2. eeehm ... take it to a bike shop ? if u have no idea what you u r doing, how do u expect to fix it urself???
  3. interesting first post.

clean out fuel and check fuel filter - might need to replace it. do a general service too - carbies, spark plugs, oil change etc
  4. toss it in the bin or leave it out for hard rubbish:bolt:
  5. I would do a compression test. And not ride it till I knew there was still some piston and rings left in it where they should be.