Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Private Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Polowski, Jul 11, 2008.

1. I've been looking at private health insurance since getting on the bike, but as most cover seems to be around the same prices, I was wondering if there was any clear cut winners in terms of what insurers to go with?

Any of you had any good/bad experiences with yours?
  2. I've found them all pretty bad and very hard to compare as they offer different limits on different items such as dental/optical and hospital stays.

Think there is a webite www.iselect.com.au (or somehting like that) that compares many funds for you and doesn't charge for the service. you can sign up to fund with them or directly with the funds.
  3. yes,
    you'd have to be puffin muffins to buy health insurance any other way

hate the ad...like the girl haha
  4. cant say i disagree :D

the problem is that on the website(s) they are all so vague

they list 'other extras' and you try to dig deeper to find out what they are exactly and end up going around in circles..

im 25, play ice hockey, ride a motorcycle and dont really get sick

I just want backup for if (when? :eek: ) i either fall off the bike, or break myself playing hockey - but its not that simple :/
  5. Frankly, for emergency/acute care, you're far better off, both medically and financially, in the public system.
  6. Make sure you have AMBO cover!!! It's a friggin expensive trip if you don't.