Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Priest ordered to prove Christ existed

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by incitatus, Jan 12, 2006.

1. "AN Italian judge has ordered a priest to appear in court to prove that Jesus Christ existed.....The Vatican declined to comment." [The Australian, 12/01/06]

Oh goody, I can see a nice big puddy tat among the pidgeons here.

2. :LOL: :LOL:

Now how is he going to prove that?
  3. Hey, welcome back inci, and happy New Year to you and your family.

How's the wrist?

So what's the judge going to do when he has his proof; would I be being too cynical if I said "Nothing"?

Of course!
  4. What is the world coming to !!! :roll:
  5. well at least then when the insurance company claims it's an act of god, we can sue the church has his representative , if he's proven to exist.

hmm sounds like a movie plot :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. sounds like fun. I have this tea towel with a face on it . . . . . . . . . . . .
  7. ...

Reminds me of Douglas Adams. Not good. :LOL:
  8. it's just a big con

oh shit lighting just struck my bike
  9. Those wacky eurotards. I'd hate to be the judge right now, bet he wears flame retardant undies ;).
  10. Act of God, no insurance for you :LOL:
  11. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Come & take my bike. U can have it for $400 (my excess)
  12. How come no-one ever claims "act of Satan" :-k :LOL:
  13. 'cos Satan represents temptation.

Satan is the open road, clear to the horizon, and perfectly safe, just begging you to twist the throttle. Satan implores you to give in to your most basic of desires. He is the beauty behind the need for speed.

God is just a vindictive soul who punishes you for giving in.

An act of Satan is therefore your own doing. An act of God is punishment from on high (much like the copper hiding at the end of said straight with a speed gun pointed at you).
  14. Great, so if insurance companies can use "act of god" to avoid paying out can I use "act of Satan" to avoid paying speeding tickets? :LOL:.
  15. insurance companies excluding those claims must be the
    ones with the dirt cheap premiums :LOL:
  16. I guess so. Isn't that the cry of all these fallen TV evangelists?

"Satan made me do it!"

Doesn't seem to hold much weight with a courtroom judge though.

You could always try, I guess.
  17. That is very simplistic and very outdated theology. I would have to say I dont agree with it. Its like all those nutcases that said the tsunami at the end of 2004 was punishment from God for many of those people being moslem - its crap. bad stuff happens cos it happens in an imperfect world. there are no reasons, its just cos it happens. Personally I dont think God is that vindictive and controlling. I dont think its Satan that makes me go fast - nor is it satan that makes me check out the women in bikinis at the beach - hang on, just get my blood pressure down again - its me. Just me. Thats why the concept of forgiveness comes into it. But hey, I can see a huge debate brewing here, and I got work to do. have fun.
  18. It's all just a bit of tongue'n'cheeck fun revken. Have we forgotten how to have a bit of a laugh without being overly politically correct?