Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pricing for brake pads?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Tenoq, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Just wondering how much some front pads should cost me for a GPX250 (93, if relevant)?

Just don't wanna get shafted on price here :)

2. I just purchased a set of EBC Double H Sintered pads for my bike. They cost me $44.95.

Shop around for prices on the brake pads you want...i was given 3 different price listings on the same brake pads.
  3. And how would I know what pads I would want to buy? :?
  4. I only know of EBC and Carbone Lorraine brake pads...these are the two that work well with my bike.

I say go for EBC if they supply pads for your bike.
  5. I'm actually in the same boat here. Is it easy enough to replace the pads yourself? I ask 'cos I don't have a manual for my bike. As long as I don't have to remove the wheels (?) I should be pretty right...

Can anyone direct me to a guide for this?

Btw, the front wheel pad needs replacing if that narrows it down at all.
  6. Deen and I just purchased some brake pads for our bikes from Bike Mart. They told us which type to buy and gave us a couple of options of brands. Deen's cost about $43.50 each for his CBR600F and mine cost $38.20 each for the Across. Give them a call at Bike Mart and ask :)
  7. FFS, ring a few different shops. Getting "ripped off" might mean pay $2 more at one place compared to elsewhere.
  8. Just replaced my brake pads on the Virago yesterday. I bought them from Pablo's in Mulgrave - about $40.

All I needed was an Allen key and socket set - 10 minute job max.

The service manual will be of assistance - you can usually download these from the net. :)
  9. Do you suggest the user ask the question in a discussion forum?

Oh wait, thats where the question was asked.
  10. is that 40-50 bucks per pad, or per pair (i.e. per disc)?