Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Prices on a new CBR600

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by psaint, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

Currently looking into getting a CBR600. Given that the bikes in its final year, can anyone give advice on what I should be paying at a dealer? Best I've seen so far is $13990 ride away, but even that seems a little high to me.

2. Farrrr out!! $13990 is a steal! That is pretty much what the dealers buy them for!

If you think that's too high you are dreaming :nopity:
  3. when I looked at them last year they were going for $16k
  4. :-O! Really? Hadn't heard of this, I'm off restrictions in ~6 months and was looking to buy one of these brand new =/
  5. Yep. The current bike dates back to 07, and even earlier. There are a lot of rumors circulating online about a 2012 replacement, but nothing concrete yet. Given the discounts I've seen at dealers, a new '12 bike seems likely.
  6. thats a good price especially from honda, if you think that a new bike is gonna mean you get the old one much cheaper then that you dont understand how these businesses work and rumours are just that rumour, although it is highly likely an updated model will be out in the next 12 months the price WONT budge until the new ones are one the show room floor for about 16k so you'll probs still be looking at 13-14k for the older one, maybe will a factory bonus
  7. can always get a zx6r when they have dealer cash back, theyre closer to 12, great bikes but no honda
  8. Yeah that's a good price for a new one, if that's a little high then you might want to look at a 2nd hand.
  9. It's not the end of the bike...just a model update.

I assume you are talking about the cbr600 RR right?
  10. I got my 2009 cbr600rr for $13000 new although it was one of the last 2009 models in the showroom. I don't see why you cant the price of a new one down lower than $13990. Haggle?