Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Price check - ZXR250

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Clueless (but learning!), Sep 6, 2004.

1. Hi guys - I'm looking to buy a Kawa ZXR 250 - can't remember the year but it is the one with the twin headlights. Its got about 34,000K on the clock and just recently had the chains etc. replaced - I'm thinking about paying $3K for it - am I crazy or is this a good price??

2. What year is it?

3k for any 250 is a reasonable price most of the time
  3. hummm..not really sure - but twin headlights were only on 1988/89 models and then it changes to a single headlight...so I'd reckon it would be around that year...i dunno much about bikes - but fairings etc. look in good shape.
  4. 3k for a 250 isn't bad on anyone books i would say,
    But if in dought you only have to ask, and im sure you'll get plenty of volunteers to come out and check it over for you !

5. Or, after a few visits to coffee night you could ask uncle mike if he'd be able to have look at it for you and see if it's worth the money.
    Props going out to uncle Mike :)
  6. I'm bored, so i'l use my amazing powers to bring this thread back from the dead.

so did he end up buying?

if it had RWC and reg and not damaged (to badly), its a gr8 deal