Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Price check on a 2nd hand KTM520 EXC please...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by philistine, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Hey all!
    Ive just spotted a '01 KTM520 for sale near my work and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it sounds like a good deal or not...

'01 KTM520 EXC
    RWC and REGO (stupid me didnt even think to see how long)

havent been in contact with seller yet so havent been able to find out how many kms its got or what kind of work (if any) has been done on it yet.

From inspection, its in pretty excellent condition. Its been bush bashin, but it looks like it's been well kept ie: no visible signs of being crashed/dropped. It could do with a clean, but its so dusty here in Townsville that it could have been cleaned yesterday.
    The tires look about 80%. No visible rust except on foot pegs and rear brake lever.

Thanks in advance....
  2. All pretty useless info so far.

How many hours are on the motor, has the guy has had it maintained or even knows what maintenance it should have had, has it had a rebuild, check wheel/steering head/swingarm bearings, and it goes on.

They've got a limited lifespan before major work needs to be done to them.