Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Preston newbie back to riding

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Warren Smith, Mar 7, 2015.

1. This is my second foray into motorcycling - the first was fun but painful. With the help of Steve Brouggy, I went from an L plater to cutting sub 1:55 laps around Phillip Island on a 954 Fireblade. This ended in tears and a trip to Dandenong hospital one day after a major high side coming out of Siberia. But after a few years racing bicycles for old blokes, I'm keen to get back into road riding again. This site is brilliantly put together, and for inexperienced riders like me, a very valuable connection back into the community. Thank you.

2. welcome aboard :] & if ur doing any speed around the island you cant be to inexperienced :] enjoy

4. Welcome to NR..

5. Many thanks for the welcome!

6. From my younger ride days, I have a barely used Tiger Angel one piece still hanging up in a suit carrier in the garage. It's going to be too big for your average rider, but what do you recommend to get into the hands of someone who will actually make use of it?

7. Welcome back to the world or riding, and to NR!