Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre-Training Course - Dubbo NSW

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by dink87522, May 6, 2009.

1. Hi, hopefully you can answer this quick question I have. I wish to obtain a learners motorbike license. I reside in western NSW. I understand that a 2 day pre-rider training course must be undertaken prior to sitting the knowledge test. However am I correct in believing there is no training centre to do the 3 day (or near) and that I hence don't have to do it? So can I just then go to the local RTA, book the knowledge test, do that and get the motorbike L's? Thanks.

2. Yep.

There is no rider training facility in or close to Dubbo so all you have to do is rock up to the RTA and do the L's theory test.
  3. I live in Newcastle now but lived in Dubbo for a while with my Mum, did my L's in Newy, which included the 2 day test.

When I went for my P's, I Thought bugger doing all that again!

I booked it in Dubbo, had a lovely ride on the GS over there and did the 1/2 hr test with my mates mum who happens to work there. Sure as hell beat the alternative in Newy, AND I got to catch up with a few mates I haven't seen in a while. But I digress. There is no rider training facility in Dubbo, so you should be fine to just do the theory part.

4. Thanks.

Is it easy to nook online and do they screw up the test bookings online sometime? Don't want to book online, go along for the test and be told I have no test etc...
  5. Just rock up at the motor regristery, if they arn't bussy, ask to do the test, if they are book it then. If they try and tell you that you have to go to orange to do the course, remind them the orange training center is closed and they need to update thier info :roll:

added: It's easy enough to book online, just go here http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/myrta/mytest/index.html?hlid=mytest
    Did have one woman turn up on the day though who the trainer had no knowledge of, RTA website screwed up her booking apparently. Don't know how often it happens though.
  6. Do you need a credit card or anything to book online?
  7. From memory, yes. I think they do a few other payment methods as well. You need to pay when makeing the booking.