Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre purchase inspections

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by bsaac, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hi all

I’m new to Net Riders so I’m hoping I’m posting this topic in the correct forum!

I’ve been lurking for a couple of months before registering while I was tossing up the idea of getting my L’s.

I’ve now decided to dip my toes into the motorcycling world and have booked in for my learners course on Saturday.

After reading many threads on here about the best bikes for a learner I’ve decided to get a VTR 250 but being a man who’s hands have only got dirty on the footy field I have absolutely no mechanical knowledge whatsoever so I am thinking that it would be a good idea to get a pre purchase inspection done before I lay down my hard earned.

So I was after some recommendations on places that provide this sort of service in Melbourne?
  2. Gidday and welcome to netrider depending on your location I'd give brett at Madbiker a go he did my inspection, he calls you after provides a written (mine was four pages) report as well. I did the same on this site back in February this year and thats how i got onto him cheers.
  3. Have a talk to Pete at E2W over Fitzroy side of the world, he lurks about on here (causing trouble mostly) but he is basically a VTR250 whisperer.

They're good little bikes, not a lot really goes wrong with them I don't think as long as they get serviced regularly.
  4. mate, send Streetmaster a pm...
  5. +1 for brett at madbiker
  6. Thanks guys I'll contact the guys you've mentioned

7. I'll probably be putting my vtr up for sale in the next couple of weeks.
    2007 vtr250 36700kms rego till Aug 2013
    message me if your interested

Here's some photos I took today