Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre-Purchase Inspections in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by jgul2, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Hello All,

Yes, I am new and I have done a search on this topic. Sorry I am not trying to be a smart a#s but I just wanted to avoid getting posts like.. do a search etc...

I am currently searching for my 1st bike. I have an ex-mechanic mate who has come along for a few inspections but i dont want to trouble him to perform an inspection as thorough as what i expect from a currently licensed mechanic/inspector.

After reading through the existing threads, I have not yet been able to locate an equivalent service in Melbourne which have multiple praise in this forum.

I am aware of Rolling Motorcycle Repairs. If anyone has any feedback, could you please provide some.

Otherwise, if anyone is aware of any other services and can provide some feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance and any advice would be much appreciated!
  2. Anybody on this? id like to know as well... and where to get a honda serviced in the south eastern suburbs?
  3. geoff taylor dandenong, found them to be a bit more expensive then other shops. The 2 times i have had bike in there once for a engine issues and once a service they were very helpful and good. Will be taking my next bike there.

Cheers stewy
  4. I've had a shocking experience every time I've tried to contact or walk into that shop. I could not recommend them.

For inspections, drop LordTB (on these forums) a line. He can organise inspections for you for a reasonable price.
  5. +1 on that.. LordTB (aka Pete) is really good and the price is very reasonable..
  6. Yet another vote for LordTB. He's a good mate of mine and he certainly knows his way around a 250! (Just ask him how much he loves FZR250's! :wink: )
  7. as for service i've used Sharptune in Dandy which were good, i've also heard that new world Honda berwick are ok but i've not had personal experiance with them.
  8. I won't touch Sharp Tune with a barge pole. They're service is not great by any stretch of the imagination. I once had a bike in for new fork seals. I don't know what they did but a month later the seals were leaking again. I took the bike to New World Honda to look at, and without me saying a thing they asked if Sharp Tune had done the work.

Says it all to me quite frankly.

I also had problems with another bike and a wire on the starter button coming unsoldered. Took it in to Sharp Tune twice and it kept coming away. Ended up buying a soldering iron and some solder, did the job myself and it never came away again.

I now take my bikes to New World. They have been great.
  9. I've actualy heard that as well (as i've pointed out in other threads) BUT so far i've had no probs (touches wood)

what are the New world prices like??
  10. Prices at New World are comparable for the most part with most other large bike shops/dealerships. Basic service is just under $200, major around $400 give or take (depending how much shim work is required).
  11. As Im also browsing to purchase my first 250, does anyone know of someone in the West that does inspections and what fees etc ?