Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre-purchase inspection??

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Charlie4, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First of all, HI ALL!!

I first must admit that I've been somewhat of a voyeur for about a year or so on this website. But it's such a great site with so much information that I could always find an answer to any questions with bothering anyone.

Being new to motorbikes I finally pulled my finger out and got my learners at the start of the week and am now very keen to get a bike!!!

I live in Camberwell, Melbourne and have recently found a vtr250 that looks the part in Port Melbourne (I went and checked it out last night)....
    My question to you all is about getting a pre-purchase inspection on a bike.

What is the process in this situation?
    Does anyone know of anywhere around Port Melb where is could be appropriate?
    Roughly how much do they cost?

Many thanks in advance and I hope to be joining you all soon on the road!!

2. A 12 month voyeur I hear you say?

Excellent then you will know that this topic has been covered many times and all the relevant links are in the links directory
  3. pre-purchase inspection thread take two

actually vic there isn't a single pre-purchase inspection service listed/linked (or even known of) in victoria, pete the pom used to do it but i think he's thrown in the towel (along with the netrider towel.)

every time someone asks this question a lot of blank looks come up and the post eventually drops off the radar. it's hard to believe in a city of three million people we don't know a decent inspection business (unless i've completly missed it in the links somehow, wouldn't be the first time) :p

i wish i had more than a basic clue about bikes i'd start an inspection business here and make a killing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.