Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre Provisional - Training or Skill Test only?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Ckramer, Mar 10, 2008.

1. There are two options - "Pre provisional training" and "Skill test only" Which one should I take?
    It seems that skills test only is easier to book and it starts in the afternoon, not 8 AM as the other course.

Is it okay to take "Skill Test Only" ? Or they teach you some special moves on Pre-Provisional test?
    What hapens when you come to a test? do they give you a practice run?

2. Depends on what do you want to achieve? If you're comfortable in going straight in and do the test then do it? But because you had to ask I think not.

I'm all for doing as much training as possible, so I'd always recommend doing the training, as you probably will learn something new, and which could save your life.

3. I thought the skill test was when you previously failed the first time and just wanted to redo the MOST ?

I'm pretty sure you need to do the complete day before the MOST, there's training in there thats required before you're eligible for your P's. If you fail the MOST, you don't have to redo that whole day again, you can just go back for the test.

4. Hi Ckramer - are you from overseas??

FWIW I agree with Grey - do the course I reckon. Just because it's a low level doesn't mean you won't learn anything...and if nothing else it's a chance to practise slow speed control of your bike (which you know you won't do otherwise!)