Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre Learner's course passed

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ShoveLhead, May 22, 2005.

1. G'day guys, just lettin yas know that I passed my Pre Learners course today, got more confident with how a bike handles and learned alot from both days... I tried counter-steering to see what it was all about at 25km/h - 30km/h and now I know, push right so that it goes left then swing the bike and pull on the right to turn, was awesome!!

Goin to the RTA tommorrow to get my learner licence then its off for more practice since I suck at braking in an emergency!

Cheers

2. Good work Shovelhead and good luck with your learners tommorrow.

I see you you already have a bike so it will be extra sweet when you get your licence. Happy riding :p)

3. Thanks

Yeah that knowledge test will hopefully be easy, just gotta get an hour for lunch from my boss tommorrow...Fingers crossed!!

4. HAHA. Nice one. I did my L's last monday and tuesday. i did the knowledge test on wednesday.

My preparation involved doing the online practice test about 3 or 4 times. In the end I only ended up with one wrong question.

I too sucked at the emergency braking, but that could have something to do with doing the course last tuesday when it was absolutely pouring rain. :(

Unlike you i dont have a bike yet ...but soon....

Im just waiting for that right vtr250 to rear its head. I missed out on one on saturday by about 15 mins

5. VTR250 is a great choice!!! And no its not just Honda bias either heheheh

Anyways yeah I passed the DKT and got all the questions right!!

Practiced for 2 weeks though every second day getting either 1 or 2 wrong or getting them all right...

Are you getting the VTR new or 2nd hand?