Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre-Learner training providers

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by wings9000, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Hi guys,

Am looking at a few service provider to do a Pre-Learner on gear bikes.
    Finalised on 2 based on dollar terms, so now wondering if DECA or Ridetek is better?

Basically, DECA offers 4hrs for $95 and Ridetek 2hrs for $70.

Terms of dollars, DECA averaged better in value... but I wana know how's the training - is it as gud value in teaching etc as well?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. no experience with Either, I recommend HART. Awesome
  3. I did the pre learner course through Ridetek and must say that it was good and at teh end of it I felt comfortable about getting my learners
  4. Just did my L's with HART. Was a 2 day course designed for people who have never ridden a motorcycle before.

The instructors were great, the bikes were good and forgiving to learn on, the class size wasn't bad for a weekend, and the facilities were excellent at Sommerton. I'd recommend them, and I'll probably be going back for my Licence course (and possibly others).

Also, they don't advertise it much, but they have a "Try It" session that is free of charge and get's people who9 aren't sure if they would like to ride bikes up and doing some very basic things as a taste for about 1.5 hours. I did that and was booked in for my L's a week later. :)
  5. I did my L's with DECA and my License with Ridetek.
    Both were great and taught me a lot of good techniques (and broke a few bad habits).

I would say, if it came down to dollars, that the 4 hours for $95 seems like a good deal when comparing with 2 hours for $70. Although I would enquire about the size of the group as the less people there are, the more attention you can expect. A large group could make the 4 hours less beneficial than a small group for 2 hours.
  6. Did my pre-learner course, learners and full licence at ridetek (sandown). groups of about 5 or 6. if you wernt doing so well, they make the others keep practice and they come up and tutor you. i thought it was quite good.

we rode sachs for learners/prelearners and cb250 for fulls
  7. Hey Guys,

I am ready to book my pre-learner training, but was wondering if all training centres were created equal?

Do some have better trainers/facilities than or better gear than others?

The one closest to me is in Clyde, but I'm willing to travel anywhere in Syd if one location is better than another.
  8. Just go to the nearest one. But I did go to Clyde and they were good there.
  9. I went to Clyde in December. It was a drizzly 2 days, and 80% of the training area is under the motorway so it does offer protection from rain and hot sun. Even the instructor tried to keep the training under cover as he did not want to stand in the rain either.
  10. Rouse Hill mate. Plan on doing my P's there as well.
  11. I went to Clyde, good instructor, but being under the motorway it was noisy and I had problems hearing her over the cars above, and my bike, and with a helmet on, so I spent a bit of time frustrated and not knowing why she was waving her arms around and looking at me and shouting. So I just ignored her. Still passed :) But I'd go to Botany where I did the MOST. Much better environment.
  12. Yup, Clyde is, by far, the best place to do the pre-learners.

Nothing against the instruction elsewhere, but, in adverse weather conditions, Clyde has all the other places beat.
  13. Yep, did mine at Clyde the weekend just gone. It's noisy being under the bridge, but did provide enough cover to stay pretty dry.
    I think I lucked out with the best instructor too. His name was Tony. Seemed more proactive than the other guys as he was giving us constant advice and feedback and encouragement, whereas the other instructors that day seemed to just be going through the motions. Now I just gotta buy a bike! (and do the knowledge test)