Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pre delivery

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by RRdevil, Nov 24, 2013.

1. So luck has swung in my favour and it looks like I can safely pick the MV up on tuesday. I will have to ring the dealer as they are expecting me to get it on the 4th December. If i was to ring them tomorrow morning at open and ask to take delivery tuesday mid morning, is this fair for them or am I expecting too much from a dealership. Or should I be able to pick up my bike whenever I want.

2. The dealer stuff should take less than a day, so depending on what's on their books Tuesday May work, but if they're expecting the 4th Dec and are fully booked you may need to wait a couple days.

Also - this is not really something you want a rush job on...
  3. Na I know that. Time should be sufficient, if theyre not booked up. Just wondering if it's fair for me to change to an earlier date. Bikes already been there for a week so may already be PD'd
  4. The earlier your bike is out of there, the more room they have for someone else's bike, so they'll probably be happy to get it to you sooner as well.
  5. Not as happy as I'll be to pick it up.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If they have souls, they'll let you take it home. Only a total socio-path would say you have to wait another 10 days. It'd be like going into labour early and having the hospital keep the kid till the due date! :ROFLMAO:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. And the less chance of them letting customers/friends sneak test rides on it.
  8. I thought they would want the money before month end?
  9. Should have seen his eyes when I asked if he wanted it in crisp $100.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Not going to happen. Theyce got three there at the moment so won't send mine out
  11. By reviews this bike seems like it's a screamer... congrats on your purchase... let us know how it goes !
  12. Yeah mate , if it's there I'd be wanting it out of there asap , apart from anything else , reduce the risk of it being scratched or knocked etc
  13. Hey RR,

Been flat out at work and not on here that much so had missed all of this

Congrats on the new bike, MV was a very close 2nd when I bought the Shiver; they are beautiful.

Enjoy ever second of her.

Cheers Jeremy
  14. It's looking good so far. They're keen for the money so they'll more than likely get it done
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Great news! Fingers crossed.
  16. Done. Pickup tomorrow morning. My precious (think golem)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. You bastard.

Beautiful bike.
  18. Excellent, looking forward to hearing how it rides.
  19. I'm looking forward to it too. Hope the one I test rode is indicative of all of them