Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Prawn of my Loins

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Bravus, Aug 26, 2016.

1. (bonus points for identifying the reference in the thread title)

CassBike.

This is my best beloved (who has had her license for a little under a year) instructing our firstborn in the Way of the Bike.

What a great day!

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 13
  2. The family that rides together, eh? The shared experiences will be a marvellous thing for you all together; I bet you're pleased and proud all at once.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I may be blind, but I have acute 'earing.

Nice one!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Prawn of my loins my foot!
    Good luck to them both.

5. congrats mate
    saw the other thread
    my whife looks like getting the 250 as well

• Like Like x 3
  6. I... ah ... am lost, but I do know those bikes are excellent learners bikes after having ridden one once not so long ago...sorry,er, back to my beer

7. #7 Dark Angel, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Bravus has a yellow beard? Who knew.

My wifey is also talking about getting her licence now.

• Like Like x 5
  8. cloth ears!

• Funny Funny x 1

9. Stagger, stagger, stagger...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Insurance upside: something like 30 bucks a year on the QBE premium to add Cassie (the prawn) as a named rider.

Insurance downside: at 25 we thought she'd be beyond young rider excess, but apparently it goes to 30.

11. Good to see you are getting the whole family out on two wheels. The movie you reference is a great one full of good quotes. I particularly like the Roll Roll Stagger scene shown above.

Betrayin's all part of piratin'. If you don't know that you're not even close to being a pirate, "Prawn of my loins", my foot!

Speaking of which International Talk like a Pirate day is coming close. September 19th so practice your HoHoHos Me Hearties and be ready to do your bit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The one on the bike in the pic above shares my love of pirate metal: we go to a lot of gigs together and raise a rum.

• Like Like x 1