Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Kha-Khees, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Shit.

Riding down a straight road in an industrial park, SUV turns in front of me - bang.

Well, I wasn't going that fast so it was more of a dull thump. I got away with a sore middle finger from it being squashed and I can't see much on the bike. Headlight bracket bent (VTR) but the forks look okay and it didn't feel different to ride home. I was about to book it in for a new front tyre and carb balance anyway. Still, I'm not sure how to go about this. I want to make sure nothing's wrong with it. There are some marks on the right hand fork but nothing else really.

Insurance shouldn't be an issue. They admitted fault, have a witness etc. (And were actually quite good about it, SMIDSY, but genuine)
  2. get it checked out and get some quotes. then send them the bill :D

good to hear you're ok.
  3. ring up your insurance as you may not have to pay your excess if your not at fault.. which would probably make it worthwhile claiming on.
  4. Lucky you came out alright, sucks arse mate.
  5. that is odd, only injury is a sore middle finger.
    i take it she WAS hot ?
  6. If the dumbarse driver can't see down a *straight* road for oncoming traffic, sitting high up in an urban assault vehicle, what chance have we if we're going down a *curved* road with clowns like these on the roads?

Definitely get the bike checked for anything that's been bent, including behind the headlight.
  7. yeah, gonna make a few phonecalls today. Too busy with an OHS seminar at uni yesterday. Guess who was speaking? The guy who coordinates the TAC ads. Had a little chat about bikes etc.