Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Practise areas for Ps MOST around Newcastle?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by dookie_on_a_ducati, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Hey Guys,

24yo male, 2014 CBR500R, riding about 18 months,

(let my Learners expire in between bikes, I used to have a 2009 250cc Ninja)

Anyone know of anywhere around the Newcastle area that has the Ps MOST already painted out? Im pretty keen to get the Ps test out of the way so I don't end up doing my Ls course for the 3rd time... :S

Somebody the other day was telling me about a couple of areas in an industrial estate somewhere around Newy, but I cant remember exactly where....

Also any tips for the test itself would be very welcome, I'm planning to book in within in the next 3 weeks.

2. Welcome to NR. ;)

I couldn't find anywhere in Newy already marked when I was preparing for it a while ago. In the end I got some cones and set up my own in a carpark. Probably the advantage of doing that is that you can make it easier to start with & then work up to a bit harder than the actual test (cone weave & U-turn in particular) which will help you relax on the day. Obviously pick a carpark where you won't annoy too many people! The dimensions are all on the RMS website.

In terms of the test itself, just relax, listen to the instructions and don't forget the head checks -- you'll have done all of this before by then. Think about your buffering and brake set-up over the next few weeks too -- they will look for this on the road ride so make it a habit (even though its not pass/fail).

Above all, good luck & be sure to let us know how it goes!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. G'day and welcome, My_Little_HondaMy_Little_Honda. DrSleepyDrSleepy's suggestion of marking out the MOST course is what I did when preparing for the test too. Also "head checks, head checks, head checks" can't be overstated! Good luck with the MOST, let us know how you get on practising and doing the test.
  4. Hey mate, At the back of the old Graeme Boyd Motorcycle shop in Broadmeadow there used to be one. Perth rd, I think. It was about Ten Years ago though. Had a look on Google maps but couldn't find it. If you are around that part of town might be worth checking out. When I had my L's I rode on it there so it was somewhere there so this isn;t second hand info.

Remember headchecks.
    • Like Like x 1