Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Practicle Test in WA

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by skunkape, Apr 1, 2005.

1. I am going for my Practicle assesment in a couple of weeks

I am wanting to know if anyone has done the test here in WA recently and what was required of them??

2. Got my RE license about 7 weeks ago, at West Perth licensing centre.

Test included (from memory):

- Full stop from 55km/h.
    - 'Back to back U-turns' in a car park
    - Hill stop/start
    - Merging lane stuff
    - Chaning lane positions on the same road with 3 kinds of "correct" lane positions along its length

Cant remember anything else.

Good luck!

3. Thanks jt

Just a quick one what are the 3 types of "Correct" lane positioning

As far as I am aware and correct me if I am wrong the bike should be positioned just left of center in the lane....

Can you clear it up for me
  4. i got mine about 7 weeks ago aswell...

at Morley..
    instead of the back to back u turns in a praking lot i had to do 6 consecutive (no feet on the ground) u-turns on a skinny street ON A HILL!!!

i can only really think of 2 lane positions;

1) on the left wheel track (where the left tyre of cars go). use this when on two way streets.

2) to the left or right (depends what lane you're in) of the middle line, again on the wheel track. For roads with 2 or more lines.

or i spose if you're turning right at an intersection you need to be on the right hand side of the lane.

you stay in the wheel track because that generally where cars and trucks cant drip oil and water and diesel and other funky slippery stuff.