Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Practice spots in Monash

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Maxim Balaganskiy, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Would appreciate any info on good practice spots in Monash. Me and my mate just stepped up from 250 and would like to practice more. I know of the Saturday 10am session but it's rather far and doesn't really fit into a family schedule :(

2. Dont know where abouts you are but Caribbean business park has some nice wide roads and lots of empty car parks on weekends. Look for Dalmore Dr this link may help you find it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Monash Uni has some great car parks, and a variety of roads and corners.
    Otherwise any of the industrial areas off Blackburn Rd around Notting Hill would be OK.

Spend a few minutes on google maps and you should be able to plot out some routes and areas that might suit.

4. I can second this suggestion. That estate is a good place to practice - one or two laps in each direction. Wide streets, a large dead end ( International Crt) to practice u -turn. The route has stop signs, a quick left/right ( if going clockwise), an off camber round-about near the McDonalds ( take care). Also watch out for other leaners in their cars. NOTE: it is tempting to go a little faster but stay within the speed limit as It often patrolled by the police.

5. Is Monash that far from Elwood?? ;)