Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Practice area near Brighton, South Melbourne.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Danesh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Hi All,
    So i've been a member of this site for the longest time and have come close to buying a bike many times over the past few years. Well I will be finally buying my bike and start riding this weekend.

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice open lot/area where I could just do a little slow riding and a bit of practice to sharpen up the skills.

cheerio.

2. Car park behind BP servo at St Kilda Marina, especially on a Saturday.

Roof top car park at South Melbourne Market (you need to dodge the barrier) but definitely not on a Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. +1 for Saturday learner practice @ the Marina.. Not only will you be able to practice but also have people on hand to give you all the advise and tips you can take..

Practice in itself is great.. Practice with someone skilled, more experienced, and learning from it is so much better.

Cheers
    Juz

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sweet, thanks Lads.
    I'll be there this Saturday.

5. Enjoy Danesh, what bike did you buy?

6. A 2012 T100 Bonneville. Been a fan of the bike ever since I watched the great escape as a child. Will put up a picture as soon as I can. Bikes gone for the roadworthy at the moment.