Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Powercommander/Exhaust installation

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by blackjackx, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hey guys and girls,

Just got a quick question for you all, just wondering how many of u have installed a powercommander and full system? I have them currently sitting on the floor of my bedroom and am thinking of giving it a shot on the weekend, but am unsure if i should as ive never done this before.

2. piece of piss

3. Easy to do, but better if you have a mate with a dyno.

4. By the look of vic's avatar, I'd be thinking hard about the consequences of fitting such things. :p

5. It's not too hard if you give yourself plenty of time...but it's not as easy either.
    The Exhaust work will require a fair amount of dissembly before you start.
    The Power Commander is simple enough, but it takes a while to do it properly.

Did I say this already?...give yourself plenty of time, with a good set of spanners....and make sure you "do it right the first time".

6. You'll almost certainly need to remove and drain the radiator to do the exhaust. You might need new exhaust gaskets.

7. Thanks guys ~!~!

Well exhaust airfilter and powercommander are installed and OMG LOL it sounds soooo good haha I also took a trip to s&r pro and got my baby dynoed today, Ill post up pics of my bike and a video of the dyno run, as well as the dyno sheets. It was just shy of 140hp and top speed was 278

- Nathan

8. Niiice result. Nothing beats the first ride with new pipes :)