Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PowerCommander + Dyno = Happy Skuffy

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Sir Skuffy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Morning all

Well, he GSX1400 feels like a completely new bike. I had a PCIII fitted before the Hotham Ride and noticed a few variances to the bikes performance:
    - Vastly improved Fuel Economy :)
    - Performance Was a little flat below 4000 RPM
    - Above 4000 RPM - Happy

So, I had some final tuning undertaken by Pete's Pitstop (great guy, great work) and WOW, what a difference - gained about 8HP

I did the usual Sunday Morning Ride down the coast and was very pleased with the outcome. The bike is not only smoother, accelerates quicker and quieter, its now a little more stable. Stable you may ask.

Well, it is more stable due to improved engine dynamics and constant throttle performance - it mantains constant throttle without any "hicups" or "variations" to fueling that often happens. In addition, the Torque was vastly improved which meant I was now holding a higher gear through the corners which equates to higher corner speed... :twisted: :cool: :LOL:

The most amazing thing for me was how much quicker I was riding through the twisties. I had become accustomes to a certain "sound" and "Feeling" from the bike when ridden a certain way. You know, knowing the swwet spot for the bike. Well, since the bike is alot quieter and smoother, I was riding harder looking for that sweet spot.... Low and behold the bike was moving around a little more - Now, I know these roads and I know the pace I can safely maintain - But on Sunday morning, I was riding at another level....... So, I make an effort to look at the speedo and lets just say I was going quicker than I expected..... :eek: :grin:

So, if you want a little more out of your bike and not just HorsePower but drivability and Stability - Get yourself a PCIII - A thumbs up from me. :grin:
  2. Hi Skuffy, sorry this might sound like a stupid question.

So you do not have to do any air mods, you can just use the PCIII to adjust the power on an un modded bike? I had only heard of using them on bikes with air flow/exhaust mods.
  3. You can rod, but I wouldn't bother unless the bike is known to be running $hit from the factory.

I just had my carbs rejetted with a race air filter and slipon exhaust. BIG difference. It smoothened things out and gave a whacking great extra slab of grunt through the mid and top range. Dynocharts are in my garage page if you click my bike thingy on the left

Cost $500 all up for the rejet, including 3 dynoruns and alot of fiddling. Far more expensive than I was prepared for, but totally worth it.
  4. Wow! Just saw your charts, quiet a leap huh?!!! :cool: :cool:
  5. I would regardless of how bike runs.

Cheaper in the long run because K&N's are re-useable, washable &
    built to last for the life of a motorcycle engine.

Its also designed to achieve high, virtually unrestricted air flow while
    maintaining filtration levels critical to ensure long engine life.

Theres nothing to lose with the prices you get em for these days :cool:
  6. But the cost of a tune can be quiet alot for it properly done :cry:

Worth it though :wink:
  7. If you want a PCIII to perform to the best of its abililty you are already
    paying to get it tuned when installing the unit.

You therefore buy the filter beforehand & hand it over with the bike when
    getting the bike dynotuned :grin:

A dill on the otherhand buys a $100 filter & pays to get bike tuned a 2nd

Its called common-sense bud :LOL:
  8. Now there's a truly terrifying thought; Mitch riding EVEN FASTER :shock: :LOL:.