Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Powerball, only 1 winner- $58million

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by removed-6, Jun 5, 2008.

1. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But it wasn't me :(

No more "which bike should I get..." threads for that guy :grin:
  2. Not me either. Good on them. Hope they deserve it.
  3. im so happy for them..karnt!
  4. It's me. I won and thanks I feel like I do deserve it.
    I've just been too lazy to go claim it. Need more motivation.
  5. I got home to an email from Tattslotto (I buy my tickets online at Tatts) saying I had won in the draw
    many heart attacks in between reading that and

Under normal circumstances, minor wins are credited to your Tattersall's Internet account overnight, so you should find the amount of $21.70 in your Tattersall's Internet account by 8:00 am tomorrow.

AHHHHH so it wasnt me then

6. so you COULD be happier, eh??? :LOL:.
  7. Four builders brought one ticket,two maried two single so split four ways still a good win. Just what I heard so story,s may differ.
  8. Hell YES!!! I could always be happier................... :wink:

But the way things are right now is good.
    (until I change things for the better!)
  9. as the old saying goes, money can't buy you happiness, but you will at least be miserable in comfort....
  10. yeah, 4 blokes.
    only $14.5mill each.
    even the married blokes, divvy some out for the wives,
    and you still left with $14,999,990 each.
    pretty damn good i say! :grin:
  11. $14.5m invested would buy you a very comfy life purely on the dividend and earnings streams... Even a boring old term deposit, which is up around 8% pa these days would earn you $100k+ p.a.

Most corporate folks have to put up with 40-50hrs per week of crap internal politics to get anywhere near that kind of money.

Good luck to them. I hope they don't let the money ruin their lives.
  12. Do they actually receive the $58 million or is it a choice of an annual payment or a reduced lump sum like they have elsewhere?
  13. Rob, I think you dropped a '0' off your interest earning there. $14,500,000 x 8% = $1,160,000. Most corporate folk will never see that sort of money for their annual income! :wink:
  14. One big fat cheque!
  15. :facepalm: stoopid calcumalator.

You're absolutely right Triway.